Best Sunglasses For Cycling 2023: Top 8 From 31,585+ Reviews
Alexandre Duda Jun 5, 2023 2:33 PM
There are many things to consider when buying a new pair of sunglasses. Some people might be looking for something that is stylish and will complement their outfit, while others might be looking for functionality and performance above all else. If you're a cyclist, it's important to find sunglasses that are designed specifically for cycling. Here are four tips to help you choose the best cycling sunglasses for your needs.
Torege Polarized Sports Sunglasses With 3 Interchangeable Lenes for Men Women Cycling Running Driving Fishing Golf Baseball Glasses TR002 Upgrade (Black&Ice blue lens)View on Amazon
X-TIGER Polarized Sports Sunglasses with 5 Interchangeable Lenses,Mens Womens Cycling Bike Glasses,Baseball Running Fishing Golf Driving SunglassesView on Amazon
- BrandROCK BROS
GIEADUN Sports Sunglasses Cycling Glasses Polarized Cycling, Baseball,Fishing, Ski Running,Golf (blue)View on Amazon
Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Men Women with 5 Interchangeable Lenes for Cycling Sunglasses Running Baseball Golf Softball Driving FinishingView on Amazon
Oakley Men's OO9290 Jawbreaker Shield Sunglasses, Polished White w. Red/Prizm Road, 131 mmView on Amazon
KAPVOE Polarized Cycling Glasses with 4 Interchangeable Lenses TR90 Sports Sunglasses Women Men Running MTB Bike Bicycle Accessories 01View on Amazon
ROCKBROS Polarized Sunglasses for Men Women UV Protection Cycling Sunglasses Sport GlassesView on Amazon
- BrandROCK BROS
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 things to look for when buying sunglasses for cycling
When you’re cycling, the most important thing is to make sure that you’re protecting your eyes from the sun. Not only does it help keep your vision clear, but it also helps prevent wrinkles and skin cancer around your eyes. So when you’re shopping for sunglasses for cycling, it’s important to look for certain features that will ensure your safety and comfort. Here are twelve things to look for:
1. Make sure the lenses are rated for UV protection. This is the most important factor in sunglasses for cycling, as they will protect your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun. Look for lenses that are labeled “100% UV protection” or have a UV400 rating.
2. The darker the lens, the better. Darker lenses will provide more protection from the sun’s rays than lighter lenses.
3. Choose a wraparound style. A wraparound style will protect your eyes from sunlight coming in from the sides as well as from the front.
4. Make sure the glasses fit snugly and don’t slip. If your glasses don’t fit properly, they can slip off your face while you’re cycling and cause an accident.
5. Choose a lightweight frame. A heavy frame can be uncomfortable to wear while cycling and can also obscure your vision.
6. Look for impact-resistant lenses. This is especially important if you wear prescription glasses, as they are more likely to shatter in an accident.
7. Mirror lenses can help reduce glare. If you cycle in bright conditions or around water, mirror-coated lenses can help reduce the amount of glare that reaches your eyes.
8. Photochromic lenses adjust to changing light conditions. These are a good choice if you cycle in varied lighting conditions, as they will darken in brighter light and lighten in dimmer light.
9. Ventilated lenses can help prevent fogging. If you wear contact lenses, ventilation holes in the lens can help prevent them from fogging up.
10. Stainless steel frames are durable and won’t rust. If you cycle in all weather conditions, stainless steel frames are a good choice as they won’t rust and are very durable.
11. Choose a frame with a soft nose pad. A soft nose pad will be more comfortable to wear for long periods of time and won’t leave marks on your skin.
12. Look for polarized lenses if you do a lot of road cycling. Polarized lenses reduce glare from the road and can help improve your visibility.
8 reasons why you will need sunglasses for cycling?
1. To protect your eyes from the sun's harmful UV rays.
2. To keep your vision clear while cycling.
3. To prevent wrinkles and skin cancer around your eyes.
4. To keep your eyes comfortable while cycling.
5. To help reduce glare from the sun, water, or road.
6. To help improve your visibility while cycling.
7. To help prevent contact lenses from fogging up.
8. To make you look cool while riding your bike!
When shopping for sunglasses for cycling, it is important to keep in mind that you need to find a pair that will protect your eyes from the sun's harmful UV rays. The lenses should be dark and fit snugly on your face. You may also want to consider a wraparound style for added protection from sunlight. Additionally, make sure the glasses are lightweight and comfortable to wear. Look for impact-resistant lenses if you wear prescription glasses. And finally, choose a frame that won't rust and has a soft nose pad.