Looking for the best road cycling helmet? You've come to the right place. In this article, we'll take a look at some of the best options on the market and help you choose the perfect one for your needs. So whether you're a beginner or an experienced cyclist, read on to find out more.
Giro Register MIPS Adult Recreational Cycling Helmet - Matte White (2022), Universal Adult (54-61 cm)View on Amazon
POC, Omne Air Spin Bike Helmet for Commuters and Road Cycling, Lightweight, Breathable and Adjustable, Hydrogen White, LargeView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
11 things to look for when buying road cycling helmet
When it comes to cycling, safety should be your number one concern. And when it comes to safety, the most important piece of equipment you can wear is a helmet. But not all helmets are created equal. Here are 11 things to look for when buying a road cycling helmet.
1. Fit: The most important thing to look for in a helmet is a good fit. The helmet should sit level on your head and be snug enough that it doesn't move around when you ride. You should be able to adjust the straps to get a comfortable, secure fit.
2. Ventilation: Ventilation is important to keep you cool and comfortable when you're riding. Look for a helmet with plenty of vents and airflow channels.
3. Weight: A lighter helmet will be more comfortable to wear on long rides. But don't sacrifice safety for weight; make sure the helmet is still sturdy and well-constructed.
4. Visibility: Make sure the helmet is brightly colored or has reflective strips to help you be seen by motorists in low-light conditions.
5. Certification: All helmets sold in the US must meet certain safety standards. Look for helmets that are certified by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) or the European Economic Community (CE).
6. Fit System: Most helmets have some type of adjustment system to fine-tune the fit. The most common is a dial at the back of the helmet, but there are also straps that go under your chin.
7. Padding: The padding in a helmet helps to absorb shocks and protect your head in case of a fall. Look for helmets with thick, comfortable padding that won't compress too much when you're riding.
8. Shell: The shell is the hard outer layer of the helmet that protects your head from impact. It should be made of a sturdy material like polycarbonate.
9. Straps: The straps on a helmet keep it securely in place on your head. Look for straps that are easy to adjust and won't slip or come loose while you're riding.
10. Visor: A visor can help to protect your eyes from the sun and rain. Some helmets have removable visors, which is handy if you wear glasses or sunglasses.
11. Extras: Some helmets come with built-in features like sunglasses holders or Bluetooth headsets. These can be handy, but they're not essential for safety.
10 reasons why you will need road cycling helmet?
1. To protect your head from impact in case of a fall
2. To keep you cool and comfortable with adequate ventilation
3. To be seen by motorists in low-light conditions
4. To fine-tune the fit with an adjustable system
5. To absorb shocks with thick, comfortable padding
6. To be made of sturdy material like polycarbonate
7. To have straps that are easy to adjust and won't slip
8. To have a visor to protect your eyes from the sun and rain
9. To have extras like sunglasses holders or Bluetooth headsets
10. Because it is required by law in some states
A road cycling helmet is an important piece of safety equipment that every cyclist should wear. When choosing a helmet, look for one that fits well, is ventilated, and has reflective strips or bright colors. All helmets sold in the US must meet certain safety standards, so look for helmets that are certified by the CPSC or CE. And finally, make sure the helmet has all the features you need, like a visor, padding, and adjustable straps.