Are you looking to buy your first ice skating rink? If so, you're likely wondering what the best ice skate for beginners is. In this blog post, we'll discuss the different types of ice skaters and recommend the best ice skate for beginners based on your needs. Keep reading to learn more!
- BrandJackson Ultima
- BrandJackson Ultima
Riedell Skates - 110 Opal - Recreational Ice Skates with Stainless Steel Spiral Blade | White | Womens Size 6View on Amazon
Jackson Ultima Fusion Freestyle with Aspire Blade FS2191 / Figure Ice Skates for Girls - Width: Wide - W, Size: Kid's 2.5View on Amazon
- BrandJackson Ultima
- BrandLake Placid
DUWIN Ice Skates，Boys Hockey Skates,Skates with Adjustable 4 Sizes for Boys Girls Youth Men Women and Beginners (Black Blue, L (4-7) Kid's/(6-8) Women's/(5-7) Men's)View on Amazon
- BrandSKATE GURU
DUWIN Ice Skates，Hockey Skates,Skates with Adjustable 4 Sizes for Boys Girls Youth Men Women and Beginners (Blue, L (4-7) Kid's/(6-8) Women's/(5-7) Men's)View on Amazon
Last update on 2023-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
14 things to look for when buying ice skate for beginners
Ice skating can be a fun, family-friendly activity for people of all ages. However, in order to enjoy the experience, it is important to have the proper equipment. In this article, we will discuss some factors to consider when purchasing ice skates for beginners.
1. Boot type: There are two main types of ice skates: figure skates and hockey skates. Figure skates have a shorter blade that is curved at the toe, while hockey skates have a longer blade that is flat at the toe. It is important to choose the right boot type for the activity you plan on doing. If you are unsure, it is always best to ask a salesperson or skating instructor for help.
2. Blade length: The length of the blade will also vary depending on the type of skate you choose. For example, figure skating blades range from 9-14 inches (22-35 cm), while hockey skating blades range from 11-16 inches (28-40 cm). Again, it is important to choose the right blade length for the activity you plan on doing.
3. Fit: It is important to make sure your ice skates fit properly. They should be snug but not too tight. You should be able to wiggle your toes inside the skate and the skate should not rub against your ankle. If you are unsure about the fit, it is always best to ask a salesperson or skating instructor for help.
4. Lacing: The laces on your ice skates should be tied securely but not too tightly. You should be able to insert two fingers between the laces and your foot. If the laces are too tight, they may cause discomfort or impede movement. If the laces are too loose, they may come undone while skating.
5. Buckles: Ice skates may have either a traditional lacing system or a buckling system (or both). The buckles help to secure the skate and provide support around the ankle.
6. Beginner skate: There are many different types of ice skates available on the market. However, if you are a beginner, it is best to purchase a “beginner skate”. These skates are designed for people who are just starting out and they usually have a softer boot and blade to provide more comfort and support.
7. Price: Ice skates can range in price from $20-$200 (USD). It is important to remember that you get what you pay for. In general, the more expensive skates will be of better quality and last longer than the cheaper ones. However, this is not always the case, so it is important to do your research before purchasing any ice skates.
8. Rental skates: If you are just starting out, you may want to rent ice skates instead of purchasing them. This way, you can try out different types of skates to see which ones work best for you. Most skating rinks offer skate rentals for a reasonable price.
9. Used skates: You may also be able to find used ice skates for sale online or at garage sales. However, it is important to make sure that the used skates are in good condition and fit properly before use.
10. Blade guards: It is also a good idea to purchase blade guards for your ice skates. Blade guards help to protect the blades from damage and keep them sharp.
11. Sharpening: Ice skate blades need to be sharpened on a regular basis (about once per month). You can sharpen your own blades at home with a hand-held sharpener or take them to a professional skating rink or shop.
12. Maintenance: In general, it is best to store your ice skates in a cool, dry place when not in use. You should also wipe down the blades after each use to remove any dirt or debris.
13. Break-in period: It is important to remember that all new ice skates will need to be broken in before they are comfortable. This process usually takes a few days or weeks of skating. Be patient and don’t give up if your skates feel uncomfortable at first. They will eventually conform to your feet and you will be able to skate with ease.
14. Safety: Always wear protective gear (helmet, pads, etc.) when skating. And never skate alone. Skating can be a dangerous activity if you are not careful.
8 reasons why you should buy ice skate for beginners from Amazon
1. Amazon offers a wide variety of ice skates for beginners at different price points.
2. You can read customer reviews on Amazon to see what others have to say about a particular pair of ice skates before making your purchase.
3. Amazon offers free shipping on many items, which can save you money on your purchase.
4. Amazon Prime members get free two-day shipping on many items, which is convenient if you need your ice skates quickly.
5. You can return most items purchased on Amazon within 30 days for a full refund, so you can shop with confidence.
6. Amazon has a dedicated customer service team that can help you with any questions or issues you may have with your purchase.
7. Amazon offers a variety of payment options, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
8. When you buy from Amazon, you can be sure you are getting a quality product since they stand behind everything they sell.
Finding the perfect pair of ice skates can be a challenge, but it is important to find a pair that fits well and is comfortable. It is also important to remember that all new ice skates will need to be broken in before they are comfortable. Be patient and don’t give up if your skates feel uncomfortable at first. With a little bit of time and effort, you will be skating like a pro in no time!