Cycling in the winter can be a great way to stay active, but it can also be pretty chilly. If you're looking for a way to keep your hands warm while cycling, check out some of the best gloves for winter cycling! There are a lot of different options available, so you're sure to find something that fits your needs. Don't let the cold keep you from cycling this winter - check out these gloves and get pedaling!
SIMARI Winter Gloves Men Women Touch Screen Glove Cold Weather Warm Gloves Freezer Work Gloves Suit for Running Driving Cycling Working Hiking 102View on Amazon
OZERO Bike Gloves for Men, Winter Warm Touch Glove for Smart Phone Texting with Non-Slip Silicone Gel - Thermal Windproof and Waterproof for Running, Cycling, Driving - Black (Medium)View on Amazon
OZERO Cycling Gloves for Women, Winter Warm Bicycle Glove for Smart Phone Texting with Non-Slip Silicone Gel - Thermal Cotton - Windproof and Waterproof for Running, Biking, Driving - Black (Large)View on Amazon
Waterproof & Windproof Winter Gloves for Men/Women,MOREOK -30°F 3M Thinsulate Thermal Gloves Touch Screen Warm Gloves for Skiing,Cycling,Motorcycle,Running-Pink-MView on Amazon
Hikenture Winter Cycling Gloves, 3M Thinsulate Waterproof Bike Gloves for Men&Women, Thermal Touchscreen Warm Biking GlovesView on Amazon
ROCK BROS Winter Cycling Gloves for Men Women Water Resistant Touch Screen Gloves Shock-Absorbing Full Finger Biking Glove Anti-Slip Motorcycle Mountain Bike Gloves, for Fishing, Driving, GolfingView on Amazon
- BrandROCK BROS
Last update on 2022-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 things to look for when buying gloves for winter cycling
If you're like most people, you probably think of winter cycling as a pretty cold and miserable experience. But it doesn't have to be that way! With the right gear, you can stay warm and comfortable on your bike even in the dead of winter.
One of the most important pieces of gear for winter cycling is a good pair of gloves. Not just any gloves will do, though - you need to find a pair that's specifically designed for cycling in cold weather. Here are 10 things to look for when buying gloves for winter cycling:
1. Waterproofing: If your gloves aren't waterproof, your hands are going to get cold and wet pretty quickly when you're riding in the rain or snow. Look for gloves that are made with waterproof materials like Gore-Tex or eVent.
2. Windproofing: Just like you need a good windproof jacket to keep your upper body warm, you also need gloves that will block out the wind. Look for gloves that are made with windproof fabrics like fleece or neoprene.
3. Insulation: This is one of the most important things to look for in winter cycling gloves because it's what will actually keep your hands warm. Look for gloves that are insulated with materials like Thinsulate or Primaloft.
4. Breathability: Just because your gloves are waterproof and windproof doesn't mean they can't be breathable too. This is important because you don't want your hands to get sweaty inside your gloves - that will just make them cold. Look for gloves that have breathable panels or are made with moisture-wicking fabrics.
5. Dexterity: It's important to find a pair of gloves that fit well and allow you to move your fingers freely. This is especially important if you'll be using your brakes a lot in cold weather (when it's harder to stop) or if you need to do any adjustments on your bike while you're riding.
6. Grip: Look for gloves that have a good grip so you can keep control of your handlebars in slippery conditions. Some gloves even have special features like silicone grippers on the palms or fingers.
7. Reflective details: It's always a good idea to add some reflective details to your winter cycling gear, and gloves are no exception. This will help you stay visible to drivers in low-light conditions.
8. Extended cuff: A lot of cold air can enter through the opening at the wrist, so it's important to find a pair of gloves with an extended cuff that will cover this area and keep the cold out.
9. Touchscreen compatibility: If you want to be able to use your smartphone or other touchscreen devices while you're wearing gloves, look for a pair that has touchscreen-compatible fingertips on the thumb and forefinger.
10. Price: Just like with anything else, you'll find a wide range of prices when it comes to winter cycling gloves. It's important to find a pair that's well-made but won't break the bank.
When it comes to winter cycling, gloves are one of the most important pieces of gear. Make sure you choose a pair that has all of the features you need to stay warm, dry, and comfortable on your bike.
10 reasons why buying new gloves for winter cycling
is better than using old ones
1. New gloves will be made with modern materials that are better at waterproofing, windproofing, and insulating than older materials.
2. New gloves will have a better grip than old ones, which can help you keep control of your bike in slippery conditions.
3. New gloves will usually be more reflective than old ones, helping you stay visible to drivers in low-light conditions.
4. New gloves will often have an extended cuff that covers the wrist area, keeping cold air from entering the glove.
5. Most new gloves are now made with touchscreen-compatible fabrics on the thumb and forefinger, so you can use your smartphone or other devices while wearing them.
6. You can usually find new gloves at a wide range of prices, so you can find a pair that fits your budget.
7. New gloves often come in a variety of styles and colors, so you can choose a pair that matches your personal style.
8. Wearing new gloves can be a great way to update your winter cycling gear and keep your look fresh.
9. If you use old gloves, you run the risk of them falling apart mid-ride, leaving you without gloves and exposed to the cold.
10. Buying new gloves is a great way to support the businesses that make cycling gear and help ensure that they'll be around to make new products in the future.
Gloves for winter cycling are important for a number of reasons. If you're looking for a new pair of gloves, make sure to keep these 10 things in mind. New gloves will help you stay warm, dry, comfortable, and visible on your bike rides this winter.