Cycling computers are a great way to track your distance, speed, and altitude while you ride. They can also provide routing information and help you stay connected with friends during rides. There are a lot of different cycling computers on the market, so we've gathered the best ones to help you choose the right one for your needs. Check out our top picks!
- BrandCAT EYE
- BrandWahoo Fitness
XOSS G GPS Bike Computer, Wireless Bluetooth Bike Speedometer and Odometer, Rechargeable Cycling Computer MTB Tracker with LCD Automatic Backlight Display, IPX7 Waterproof Fits All Bikes Electric BikeView on Amazon
- BrandCAT EYE
DREAM SPORT Bike Computer Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer 16-Function Wired Bike Computer Waterproof DCY016 WhiteView on Amazon
- BrandDREAM SPORT
Garmin Edge® 130 Plus, GPS Cycling/Bike Computer, Download Structure Workouts, ClimbPro Pacing Guidance and More (010-02385-00)View on Amazon
- BrandCAT EYE
COOSPO Bike Computer GPS Wireless, ANT+ Cycling Computer GPS with Bluetooth , Multifunctional ANT+ Bicycle Computer GPS with 2.4 LCD Screen, Bike Speedometer with Auto Backlight IP67View on Amazon
COOSPO Bike Computer Wireless GPS, Cycling Computer GPS Bike Tracker with Bluetooth /ANT+, Waterproof Bicycle Computer GPS Speedometer with Auto Backlight, 2.4 inch LCD DisplayView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 things to look for when buying cycling computer
Cycling computers, or cyclometers, are a great way to track your cycling progress and performance. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with different features that cater to different cyclists. So how do you choose the right one for you? Here are twelve things to look for when buying a cycling computer:
1. Choose the right size. Cycling computers come in a variety of sizes, so it's important to choose one that will fit your bike's handlebars. Most models come with an adjustable mount, so you can find the perfect position for your computer.
2. Pick the features you need. Do you want a basic model that just tracks your speed and distance, or do you want something more advanced that also monitors your heart rate and cadence? Consider what features are most important to you before making your purchase.
3. Choose between wired and wireless models. Wired models are typically more accurate than wireless models, but they can be a bit more difficult to install. Wireless models are easier to install, but they may not be as accurate.
4. Decide how you want to mount your computer. Some computers come with a handlebar mount, while others come with a stem mount. Consider where you want to position your computer before making your purchase.
5. Make sure the computer is compatible with your bike. Most computers are designed to work with a variety of bikes, but some models may be specific to certain types of bikes. If you're not sure if a particular model will work with your bike, check with the manufacturer or retailer before making your purchase.
6. Consider the battery life. Depending on how often you ride, you'll want to choose a computer with long battery life. Some models can last up to a year on a single charge, while others may only last a few months.
7. Compare prices. Cycling computers can range in price from around $30 to $500 or more. Consider how much you're willing to spend on a computer before making your purchase.
8. Read reviews. Once you've narrowed down your choices, take some time to read online reviews of the models you're considering. This can give you a good idea of what other cyclists think of the computers you're interested in.
9. Ask for recommendations. If you know other cyclists, ask them for recommendations on which cycling computer they use and why they like it. You can also check with your local bike shop for their thoughts on different models.
10. Get a warranty. Most cycling computers come with a one-year warranty, but some manufacturers offer extended warranties for an additional cost. If you're concerned about the possibility of your computer breaking, it may be worth it to pay extra for an extended warranty.
11. Consider accessories. Some cycling computers come with accessories, such as heart rate monitors and cadence sensors. If you're interested in these features, make sure the model you're considering includes them.
12. Choose a reputable brand. There are many different brands of cycling computers on the market, so it's important to choose one from a reputable company. Research different brands to find one that offers high-quality products and good customer service.
7 reasons why you should buy cycling computer from Amazon
1. Amazon offers a wide variety of cycling computers from different brands, so you're sure to find one that fits your needs.
2. You can read customer reviews on Amazon to get an idea of what other cyclists think of the models you're considering.
3. Amazon often has sales and discounts on cycling computers, so you can save money on your purchase.
4. Most models come with free shipping, so you don't have to worry about paying extra for shipping costs.
5. Amazon Prime members can get free two-day shipping on many items, so you can get your cycling computer quickly.
6. You can return most items purchased from Amazon within 30 days, so you can return your computer if it's not what you wanted.
7. Amazon has excellent customer service, so you can get help with your purchase if you have any problems.
When choosing a cycling computer, there are many factors to consider, such as price, accuracy, compatibility, and battery life. However, by taking the time to do your research, you can find the perfect model for your needs. Additionally, Amazon is a great place to buy cycling computers because of the wide selection, customer reviews, and free shipping.